• canton160
    Moderador
    • 23-01-2012

Re: Receptores Dolby Atmos p/ 2014

Dolby Atmos FAQ

Dolby Atmos for home theaters: FAQ
    June 27, 2014 Home Theater
    By Brett Crockett, Director of Sound Research

Earlier this week, our hardware partners announced that Dolby Atmos®, the revolutionary cinema sound technology used in hits like Gravity and Godzilla, would be coming to home theaters.

The news was covered all over the world and sparked lots of excited discussion among entertainment fans and audio enthusiasts. I wrote an overview of how Dolby Atmos will work in the living room, but I also saw that many home theater enthusiasts had more specific questions. They wanted to know more about how Dolby Atmos differs from current home theater technology and what they’d need to do to build a Dolby Atmos system of their own. I’ve tried to answer the main questions people have asked below.

How is Dolby Atmos different than typical channel-based home theater systems?

Dolby Atmos is the first home theater system that is based not on channels, but on audio objects. What is an audio object? Any sound heard in a movie scene—a child yelling, a helicopter taking off, a car horn blaring—is an audio object. Filmmakers using Dolby Atmos can decide exactly where those sounds should originate and precisely where they move as the scene develops.

Thinking about sound in this way eliminates many of the limitations of channel-based audio. In a channel-based system, filmmakers have to think about the speaker setup: Should this sound come from the left rear surrounds or the left side surrounds? With Dolby Atmos, filmmakers just have to think about the story: Where is that yelling child going to run? The Dolby Atmos system, whether in the cinema or a home theater, has the intelligence to determine what speakers to use to precisely recreate the child’s movement in the way the filmmakers intend.

Dolby Atmos is also far more flexible and adaptable than channel-based home theater. In a channel-based system with channel-based content, the number of speakers is fixed—a 7.1 system always consists of seven speakers and one subwoofer. With Dolby Atmos, in contrast, you have amazing flexibility: you can get the full experience with just seven speakers or get an even richer, more detailed sound by adding more speakers. As you add speakers, a Dolby Atmos enabled receiver will automatically determine how to use them to create fantastic, immersive audio.

If Dolby Atmos allows me to add more speakers, why do I see A/V receivers with just 11 channels?

Many hardware partners are building or planning to build Dolby Atmos enabled A/V receivers and speakers. Those partners decide what product configurations make the most sense for their customers. But the Dolby Atmos system itself is almost unlimited. If you have the space and budget, you can build a Dolby Atmos system with as many as 24 speakers on the floor and 10 overhead speakers. One of our hardware partners is planning to release an A/V receiver with 32 channels.

Do I have to install speakers in my ceiling?

In real life, sounds come from all around us, including overhead. Having the ability to recreate overhead sounds is a key element in making Dolby Atmos sound so realistic.

The obvious way to create overhead sounds is to install speakers in or on your ceiling. But that’s not the only way to get great overhead sound.

Through our knowledge of psychoacoustics and sound physics, we’ve developed speakers that can create overhead sound even though they’re only a few feet off the floor. These speakers fire sound upward, where it reflects off the ceiling to produce an incredibly lifelike recreation of overhead sound—you really have to hear them to believe them.

You will be able buy integrated Dolby Atmos enabled speakers that include both traditional forward-firing speakers and upward-firing speakers in one speaker cabinet. (Those speakers have two sets of posts, one for the traditional speaker and one for the upward-firing speaker.)

But if you already have conventional speakers you like, you can simply buy Dolby Atmos enabled speaker modules. These include only the upward-firing speakers. You can put the modules on top of your current speakers or on another nearby surface.

DolbyAtmos Round FeaturedWill Dolby Atmos enabled speakers work in my room?

Dolby Atmos enabled speakers can produce an incredibly accurate Dolby Atmos experience in many kinds of rooms. You’ll get the best sound if your ceiling is flat (not vaulted or angled) and made of an acoustically reflective material, such as standard drywall, plaster, concrete, or wood. While we designed the technology for rooms with ceiling heights of 8 to 9 feet (2.4 m to 2.7 m), our testing indicates that you can still hear incredible Dolby Atmos sound in rooms with ceilings as high as 14 feet (4.3 m), though the effect may become more diffuse in rooms with higher ceilings.

Recessed lighting fixtures, chandeliers, crown molding, and heating or air conditioning vents in your ceiling do not noticeably interfere with the Dolby Atmos experience.

How many overhead speakers do I need?

For the best Dolby Atmos experience, we recommend four overhead speakers for most homes. But you can get great sound with just two.

If this is not a channel-based system, why are there predefined speaker positions?

Because Dolby Atmos is new to home theater, we defined a few “reference” speaker configurations to ensure that early customers could have a great experience while having the option to keep most of the equipment they already have.

Among those reference setups are the 5.1.2 configuration, which involves adding two ceiling or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers to a traditional 5.1 system, and the 7.1.4 configuration, which starts with a traditional 7.1 system and adds four ceiling or Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.

But we believe this is just the beginning. Because the Dolby Atmos object-based audio system is so adaptable, you can use many other speaker configurations. No matter what system you build, the Dolby Atmos format and system will adapt itself to output the best audio experience possible.

How will I get Dolby Atmos movies?

We wanted to ensure that entertainment fans could get Dolby Atmos movies in the same ways they get movies now, on Blu-ray Disc™ or through streaming video services.

We invented new scalable algorithms and extensions to Dolby® TrueHD, our Blu-ray format, and Dolby Digital Plus™, which is used by leading streaming video providers. Both formats now support Dolby Atmos sound, meaning that you’ll be able to play Dolby Atmos movies from your Blu-ray™ player or through your favorite streaming service.

Will I have to replace my Blu-ray player or my HDMI cables?

Any Blu-ray player that fully conforms to the Blu-ray specification can play a Dolby Atmos movie without a firmware update. Just remember to set your player to audio bitsteam output mode.

There’s also no need to buy new HDMI® cables. The current HDMI spec fully supports Dolby Atmos audio.

What if I build a Dolby Atmos system but want to play content that isn’t in Dolby Atmos?

A Dolby Atmos home theater can play any stereo, 5.1, or 7.1 content. You can choose to have our technology automatically adapt that channel-based signal to use the full capabilities of your new system, including your overhead speakers, ensuring that you hear realistic and immersive sound.

I hope this post helps answer some of your top questions about Dolby Atmos for the home. We’ll be sharing more information as we get closer to the time when Dolby Atmos enabled equipment is available. Once it is, I urge you to get a demonstration of a Dolby Atmos enabled home theater at your local electronics or audio store. Seeing the system in action will answer your questions; hearing it will blow you away.
    Indeed the only thing that does matter is an individual's happiness with their system, whether I or anyone else thinks it's right or wrong.

Audio
    Q2010I + amp em audiçoes
    Q7000 5.1 + onkyo 818
    Subwoofer Dxd-808

Video
    PJ mitsubishi HC5
    PJ optoma hd300x
    Fonte: Oppo 103D + Med1000x3D
    Server: Synology DS 412+

classificados apple no facebook

Comment

• JMGC
      Curioso
      • 27-03-2014

Mais modelos Pioneer (que infelizmente vendeu-se a Onkyo )

Another day, another round of Dolby Atmos enabled AV Receivers and this time it’s the turn of Pioneer.
      All models use Pioneer's exclusive Class D amplifier platform and feature 4K/60p upscaling, HDMI 2.0, Hi-Res audio file playback, AirPlay, Apt-X enabled Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capability. A new subwoofer EQ is also included plus Atmos comes to higher end models (SC-LX88, SC-LX78 and SC-LX5 through a firmware update later this summer.

The flagship SC-LX88 model is a 9 channel design featuring 260 watts per channel. SC-LX78 and SC-LX58 are also 9 channel designs generating 250 watts and 240 watts per channel respectively. SC-2024 and SC-1224 are both 7 channel designs which offer in excess of 200 watts per channel.

The new high-end machines are prepared for the HDMI 2.0 era and ready for Ultra HD resolution 4K / 60p / 4:4:4 video and are all able to upscale lower resolution video content to 4K UHD.

All models are equipped with dual subwoofer outputs and a new subwoofer EQ section, which is part of the Advanced MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System). With the MCACC Pro calibration of SC-LX88, SC-LX78 and SC-LX58, the bass parameters can be set independently for the two subwoofer outputs.
      Is this enough connectivity options for you?

Product manager at Pioneer, Geoff Loveday, said: “We have gone to great lengths to once again bring the pinnacle of technology and performance currently available to this range. From full bandwidth HDMI 2.0 certified 18Gbps 4K/60p/4:4:4 video processing, to the new subwoofer EQ within our MCACC calibration system, we can now offer greater video performance and control over LFE than ever before. Plus with exciting new technologies such as Dolby Atmos, coupled with the rigorous sound tuning process undertaken by the renowned Air Studios on selected models, there are some truly exciting times ahead for AV enthusiasts."

All models are DLNA certified and feature a network connection port and a wireless LAN convertor. Either connection can be used for streaming audio purposes, as well as internet radio (vTuner) and Spotify Connect. All models are also equipped with AirPlay, MHL for Android, HTC Connect and Bluetooth with Apt-X compatibility.

Pioneer’s iControlAV5 app is available for both iOS and Android, on all models, to make set-up easier

The SC-1224 and SC-2024 will be available from July, SC-LX58 follows in August with SC-LX78 and SC-LX88 launching in September. All models are available in either Black or Silver finish.

Suggested Retail Price:
      SC-1224 – RRP: £799
      SC-2024 – RRP: £949
      SC-LX58 – RRP: £1399
      SC-LX78 – RRP: £1699
      SC-LX88 – RRP: £2199

Comment

• canton160
        Moderador
        • 23-01-2012

JMGC escreveu Ver Mensagem

Suggested Retail Price:
        SC-1224 – RRP: £799
        SC-2024 – RRP: £949

SC-LX58 – RRP: £1399
        SC-LX78 – RRP: £1699
        SC-LX88 – RRP: £2199
        Modelos Pioneer com dolby atmos

The SC-LX88, SC-LX78 and SC-LX58
        Indeed the only thing that does matter is an individual's happiness with their system, whether I or anyone else thinks it's right or wrong.

Audio
        Q2010I + amp em audiçoes
        Q7000 5.1 + onkyo 818
        Subwoofer Dxd-808

Video
        PJ mitsubishi HC5
        PJ optoma hd300x
        Fonte: Oppo 103D + Med1000x3D
        Server: Synology DS 412+

classificados apple no facebook

Comment

• JMGC
          Curioso
          • 27-03-2014

canton160 escreveu Ver Mensagem
          Modelos Pioneer com dolby atmos

The SC-LX88, SC-LX78 and SC-LX58
          Ops , tens razão

Abc

Comment

• jchaves
            Curioso
            • 19-03-2014

O Dolby Atmos na minha humilde opinião ainda esta muito verde em se saber o real acrecimo de valor sonoro num home cinema domestico .

Depois me fica aqui algumas questões
            se metendo umas colunas para o efeito em conjunto com as frontais do nosso sistema as colunas tem de ser expressamente para o efeito?
            outra questão
            num AV com o Dolby Atmos tem alguma ligação especifica para essas counas?

Comment

• JMGC
              Curioso
              • 27-03-2014

jchaves escreveu Ver Mensagem
              O Dolby Atmos na minha humilde opinião ainda esta muito verde em se saber o real acrecimo de valor sonoro num home cinema domestico .

Depois me fica aqui algumas questões
              se metendo umas colunas para o efeito em conjunto com as frontais do nosso sistema as colunas tem de ser expressamente para o efeito?
              outra questão
              num AV com o Dolby Atmos tem alguma ligação especifica para essas counas?
              Sim , algumas colunas são específicas para Atmos ( as frontais adicionais as existentes disparam para o tecto ) ou então terao que ser frontais novas que incorporem esse efeito . Acho que a pioneer já apresentou algumas, senão foi a Pioneer foi alguma das marcas de amplificadores aqui mencionadas

Abc

Comment

Working...
              X